Monday 19 February 2018

Lovin' it



Morning all. It's time for our run today. And since Valentine's Day wasn't that long ago, I thought I'd celebrate that famous l-word in the context of running today. 

Cos I'm really lovin' it.

It is my favourite part of my morning - the smiled greeting - we're really doing this, yes we are, come on, it won't be so bad, let's go.

The getting on the road and starting, even the breathlessness, the wanting to stop for every step of the first k, it's all good.

And then, the settling in, the forgetting that you're running, because it's such a beautiful day, and there's so much to enjoy - not least of all catching up with your running buddy.





After that, the hill that is nearly conquered - every day a little better, a little closer to running all the way to the top. 

The exhilaration of pushing yourself just that bit faster, further than yesterday, Feeling good-tired and that your body has achieved something special.

Of course the celebration - the cup of coffee, the smoothie, or even just the shower and the water that tastes so good. Didn't your day just get better?

What are you waiting for? Let's get out there and do this.

And the song, you ask? It's the perfect fit - Sia and David Guetta have re-released Helium - and it's funkier than the 50 shades version, and without all the connotations. I'm lovin' that too.

I'm trying but I keep falling down
I cry out but nothing comes now
I'm giving my all and I know peace will come
I never wanted to need someone

Yeah, I wanted to play tough
Thought I could do all just on my own
But even Superwoman
Sometimes needed Superman's soul

Help me out of this hell
Your love lifts me up like helium
Your love lifts me up when I'm down, down, down
When I've hit the ground
You're all I need


Happy running today. And everyday.

No comments: