Monday 29 January 2018

What are you waiting for?

It's been a while, right?

You've been running without me. And I've been running too, without you.

I'm back here, though and today, I have excellent news for you. No more excuses. We're doing this. Today is the perfect day for a run.

Just look at that tree-lined street. I'm fortunate enough to live in a city where the suburbs are green, leafy, cool. And there's even a pavement most places, so we don't need to dodge traffic. 


So we have no reason not to get out there and pump the tarmac. It's been raining, and there is still that lingering cool. The birds are filling the fresh morning with tweets, gurgles and songs. The dampness of the leaves and grass smells rainy, dirty and fresh. And if we go now, we'll be back before the sun bakes down too hard, but we'll have worked our bodies to that perfect ache that makes sitting down at a desk the rest of the day so much easier to face.

I've even got a song to fit our mood. It's Ed Sheeran's Perfect. And it is.

So what are you waiting for. Let's go.
I found a love for me
Darling just dive right in
And follow my lead
Well I found a girl beautiful and sweet
I never knew you were the someone waiting for me
'Cause we were just kids when we fell in love....
.....Baby, I'm dancing in the dark with you between my arms
Barefoot on the grass, listening to our favorite song
When you said you looked a mess, I whispered underneath my breath
But you heard it, darling, you look perfect tonight


Here are some more Monday Motivations.

See you here next week. Have a great run.

No comments: