Monday 24 July 2017

Rather be



So where would you rather be today? On a summer island, soaking in the sun, blazing in the bliss of nothing to do? Or maybe you'd rather be in a bustling city, with people everywhere, and shopping to do, the brands and the stores calling you? Or what about a gentle breezy park, stray hair tickling your chin as you watch the children play ball, ride bikes or feed the ducks? I'm craving some mountain air - that crisp clean coolness as you climb higher, and maybe even a dive into an icy river.

Anywhere but here.

Why do we do that? Want to be elsewhere, doing something that we're not, or that we can't. Escape. Do we ever, really?

Well, I'm not in my usual spot today. So that's what I'm missing. My bed, my tea, my ride, my running route. But I'm going to run anyway. Because I have my trusty takkies, and as a good friend of mine reminds me - you can take those anywhere, and most places, you can use them.

Before I go though, here's the music for today. It's Rather Be - Clean Bandit.

These are the words I'll sing to my trusty shoes...



We're a thousand miles from comfort, we have traveled land and sea

But as long as you are with me, there's no place I'd rather be

I would wait forever, exalted in the scene

As long as I am with you, my heart continues to beat




And here's the Pentatonix version.


Enjoy the music, enjoy your exercise, your day, the week.

See here for last week's music - just stop, just run.

And the week before - Come on.

More Monday motivations

No comments: