Monday 17 July 2017

Just stop. Just run

Good morning earlybirds. Looking for a reason to exercise today? 


I don't know about you, but on a Monday I need a bit more encouragement, motivation. To get out of bed and make a difference. To think that it actually matters, and start the week running, walking or doing the gym that makes you fitter, faster, stronger and smarter.

Well apart from that, I love the way that running makes me focus. I cannot tell you how many times I've struggled to collect all my random thoughts, my endless to-do lists that are never complete, and don't ever get shorter, and just keep all that stuff together in one place before my teeny brain explodes with the effort. Sometimes it feels like my head is whirling right off my body, spinning so fast just to keep up. And I'm wondering which plates I'm going to drop, who I will let down, and what I'll forget that is vitally important today.

And then I just stop. And go for a run.

There's something about my feet connecting with the pavement that orders my brain. It calms down. It prioritizes. It grows in confidence, and realizes its limitations. That's when I know: I can do this. 

If I keep going long enough, it gets even better. I realise what needs to be done. Sometimes I even plan it as I go. And if I run with a friend, we are invincible. Not only do we solve all our own issues, sort out family members and work problems, we even take on world peace, fake news and social welfare. There seems no limit to all we can do.

So join me today. Let's make a difference. Change our worlds.

So what are we singing. This was hard today. Nobody writes songs about this stuff, or if they do, they're more than a little weird.

So let's settle for some U2. It's a beautiful day

You're on the road but you've got no destination
You're in the mud, in the maze of her imagination
You love this town even if it doesn't ring true
You've been all over and it's been all over you


It's a beautiful day
Don't let it get away
It's a beautiful day
Don't let it get away


Touch me, take me to that other place
Teach me, I know I'm not a hopeless case




Have a great day, a great week.

No comments: