Friday 10 March 2017

Friday Books - The Keeper of Lost Things

Hello all you wonderful readers. It's Friday, and I'm so glad it is. The weekend. My favourite time of the week.

And my favourite time of the day - we get to do these link-ups.

BookBeginnings, hosted by Rose City Reader, and The Friday 56 - hosted by Freda’s Voice are the hosting sites for the Friday link ups, where we discover more books, and make friends. Both involve sharing excerpts from a current book - the beginning and - you guessed it - page 56.


Here's my Book Beginning...



Now that is a pretty cover. The prettiest I've seen for a while. And this book is touted as "The feel good novel of 2017". I'm sure that's helping it get read - who doesn't need a feel-good novel in 2017? Hands up? Right, moving on...

The Beginning, what do you think? No ticket on a train? One of my many nightmares. In a biscuit tin? Huh?

Here's my page 56...




Another pretty cover. No wonder there are two. They're not all that different, but which do you like? Mine looks like this one, and I loved that excerpt. I sometimes wonder, looking at my wedding photos, how I ever thought I could possibly have a tiny fricking clue what I was doing?

What do you think? Worth a read?

Have a happy weekend. I wish you lots of reading time.


4 comments:

Sandra Nachlinger said...

I'm definitely curious about traveling in a biscuit tin! Is this a story about a mouse? I'd keep reading to find out what's going on.
My Friday post features Blueprints.

Lauren Stoolfire said...

The opening has certainly made me want to know more. :)

Roberta Gibson said...

I liked the first cover better, but they are both pretty. A "feel good" novel might be just the ticket right now.

Unknown said...

I'm ready for a feel good story too! I like both covers but the second one is the best. Maybe the colors? Something makes it fit the synopsis more. So lovely, both of them:)

My Friday 56 from The Roanoke Girls