Saturday 30 July 2016

Ten of the Best #56

Good morning all you beautiful people. It's the weekend. At last. Welcome to it. Before it gets too busy, let's take a few moments to reflect on what just happened. Here's the best from my social media feeds, to get the fun started. Hope you find something fun or interesting.

Everyone is getting in on the act this week. My husband thought this would be a great opening picture - it kind of sums up the week, doesn't it?





Did you see Michelle Obama’s speech? I didn’t until just now. I just didn't have the time to watch it earlier in the week. I knew it would be good, and powerful, but it still blew me away. What a lady.
Click the picture for a link to the article, which has a clip of the speech.




Then there was this post, composed just after the shooting of the five officers in Dallas. I thought this was very moving, and well written - when no lives matter.



Serena is a gem. She serves up a storm in this cute clip, which trumpets the worst things men say when watching ladies play sport.



I know I have a dark side. So this appealed to me - the 25 most hated books. Do you agree with any? I have to say I do. Which? I’ll tell if you do. 



Fanny Crosby was a Christian writer. She is most famous for penning the hymn “Blessed assurance”. Most people know that she was blind, but despite this had a very positive attitude towards life. I bet you didn't know how she became blind? It makes her attitude even more remarkable. Here’s the story and a mashup of hymns, including her famous one.


Another book post - here are the six to help you through grieving. I think they look excellent.





This appealed to me - sounds for 90s kids, and also their parents. So many that are so familiar. 



I love small homes, small kitchens, small spaces that are beautiful. Here's a great collection.



I have the greatest respect for this organisation - Partners for Possibility - that partners professionals with principals of schools to assist education in our beautiful country. There are so many things so awesomely right about it. 





A choir’s rendition of “Toe vind ek jou” (Then I find you). Lovely.  





Ok, we're done.

"Encore!" I hear you cry. Well thank you, of course I have one more. Here's some music in the streets of Florence. You need to watch it once with your eyes open, and then again with your eyes closed. It’s that good. Enjoy.


That's really all there is. Take a bow everyone whose timeline I've raided. You guys make this the most fun post of the week. Thank you all for visiting and for having such great stuff that you share. See you all next week. May the Lions and the Chiefs win, and have a wonderful weekend.


SaveSave

3 comments:

Elza Reads said...

Hi Bev! Loved this post! Such a stunning idea. You should make it a feature... Die Maties koor is fantasties!!!! Kan ook oor en oor daarna luister. Most hated books, I've read a number of the ones listed. Never finished 50 Shades of Grey - it was THAT bad. And Lord of the flies. Gosh how I hate it.

Suzanne McClendon said...

Thank you so much for sharing the link to the story about Ms. Crosby. What an amazing woman and a wonderful attitude!

Have a blessed weekend. :)

Bev Bouwer said...

It is a weekly post, Mareli. Usually up by 07h00 on Saturday morning. thanks for the comments. My least favorite book on that list was Eat Pray Love. I just didn't get it. And Suzanne - totally agree about Ms. Crosby. Thanks for coming back.