Wednesday 20 July 2016

More soup for me

I know. This is the fifth sixth seventh soup recipe I've posted recently. I'm boring myself. My eyes are rolled so far back, I can see Australia.

But this one's really easy, and healthy and tasty. All my favourite things. And you can even serve it hot, too.

Cucumber soup

You will need -  4 Cucumbers, 1 cup vegetable broth, knob of butter, 250ml fresh cream, 15 ml mixed herbs.




Peel two cucumbers, and leave the skins on the other two for colour (and because skin is good for you), and slice all four. Fry gently in a knob of butter. Add the stock and herbs and bring to the boil.  Simmer for about 25 minutes. Blend using a stick blender, and add cream. Try it hot - yum, or chill for a few hours. Also delicious. Garnish with cucumber slices.

Too bland for you? Add some crushed garlic when you fry the cucumbers. Or use dill and mint instead of mixed herbs. 

And since that's so easy, if you're up for baking, why not make your own bread or rolls to go with that? No? Then pop out to your local and buy a fresh French Loaf.

Enjoy.

No comments: