Thursday 12 November 2015

Soul Keeping by John Ortberg

I finished listening to this book ages ago, and couldn’t bring myself to write a review. That’s because my husband wrote his review, here, and it was such a good review that I had to read the book. Those of you who know me know that I wouldn’t have read it if it was just a recommendation, but it was such a great review, I just had to read the book.

The whole title of the book is Soul Keeping: Caring For the Most Important Part of You.


It was all it purported to be. I am not as knowledgable about spiritual things as my husband and his pastor friends, but John Ortberg has a way about making the genius of Dallas Willard very accessible. It’s also very readable – with stories that relate the principles into his life, and into mine.

My favourite quote – and you’ll understand why, if you read the book – “Hurry is the great enemy of spiritual life in our day. You must ruthlessly eliminate hurry from your life.” 


Powerful stuff.

4 out of 5 stars

ISBN: 9780310275961

No comments: