Thursday 30 April 2015

My Review: Night Music by Jojo Moyes


2 out of 5 stars

The honeymoon that was me enjoying everything Jojo Moyes has ever written is coming to an end. To give you some context, I started late – so haven’t read much of her earlier stuff. It isn’t as good.

The characters in this book were annoying – very. The only one I remotely liked was the teenage daughter. And given that I have two (teenage daughters) I think the parts of her I liked (her being organized, and running the house, for instance) were completely unbelievable. The other characters were completely self-absorbed, had no spine, or were very clichéd. This made much of the action and dialogue awkward.

The story was ok, but not great.

So, I think I will stick to her more recent novels when I do read more Jojo, but it may be a good idea to give Jojo a break.

ISBN:9780340895955

You may also enjoy The Last Letter from your lover  or After You by the same author

Here are all my reviews and recommendations.

No comments: