Thursday 30 April 2015

My Review: Die Again by Tess Gerritsen



3 out of 5 stars

Set in Botswana, Boston, and then South Africa, this book is quite different to the other Rizzoli and Isles books I have read. It is gripping, tightly woven, fast paced and has all the elements you would expect from the genre.

However, it left me feeling a little disappointed. There were too many moments when, instead of being totally engrossed in the story, I could instead picture the author on the back of a Landrover on holiday in the bush, doing research for her latest book. I also found the story didn't fit the setting that well, and wasn't convinced by the love interest part - fell a little flat for me.

All said and done, it was a welcome change from the usual setting of these novels, and an enjoyable read.

ISBN:9780345543851

Read another review of this book (Ulrike liked this more than I did) on The Bluestocking Review

You may also enjoy The facts of life and death by Belinda Bauer or Pretty Girls by Karin Slaughter

Here are all my reviews and recommendations.

No comments: