Monday 4 September 2017

We are young

I was thinking about friends this morning when I woke up. You know, those people who are supposed to be there for each other through thick and thin, encourage each other to do the right thing - like exercise and eat healthily. But more often than not, when together we drink too much, party too hard, and let each other down in the morning. Which can also be part of the fun.

I'm definitely running this morning. But before I go - a shout out to my friends and the endless discussions about how we're going to get fitter, stronger, and eat better. Don't forget your green smoothies, and I want to know you're also making healthy choices this week.  ðŸ˜œ I'll be confessing all my unhealthy choices to my running buddy as I go.

There's only one song on my mind on this topic today. It's Fun. We are Young.

Because even though we can get fitter, and eat better, and reduce our Discovery ages by another year - if we do, we will never be younger than the actual age we are today.  And that, my friends is the best reason to get right out of bed and get on that track. Let's do this.


"But between the drinks and subtle things, the holes in my apologies
You know I'm trying hard to take it back
So if by the time the bar closes
And you feel like falling down
I'll carry you home

Tonight
We are young
So let's set the world on fire
We can burn brighter
Than the sun
Tonight
We are young
So let's set the world on fire
We can burn brighter
Than the sun"

Here's the Pentatonix version.


And for those sticklers for the original version...


Happy Monday, happy week.


SaveSave
SaveSave

No comments: