Monday 14 August 2017

Scars




Anyone relate to that today?

Yip, it's Monday, and time to get up and get moving.

Today I'm thinking about Scars. You know, the marks life leaves on you. Inside and outside, big and small. Ugly little reminders - of pain, heartache, weakness and failure.

In a nicer world, we tell ourselves that scars are a sign we made it, that grace was operational, that we are better than our scars. But they're still there, under our skin, ridged and raw, exposed and daring us to see them, and not to hate them. To embrace them as part of who we are.

Even though scars do fade when the angry dissipates - they (mostly) don't heal completely. Faded to pale pink or even white, we can touch them, feel them, remember all the horrid in a heartbeat.

So what to do? Well I'm thinking they're not going anywhere, so I'm going to love my scars today. Those reminders of pain that I'm no longer experiencing are also going to remind me that I'm stronger today and a better person because I'm dealing with the pain. I'm also going to see the scars in others and give them some space and mercy, instead of judgement and condescension. 

They're also reminders of our humanity - that we make mistakes, and that's ok, because it can also make us better at this being a human being thing. 


So run today, but not away from your pain, mistakes and humanity. Let it come with you. And as you go, the burden is lighter, Because we all have them, and I think they're beautiful.

Here's our song as we go....


But there's a hope that's waiting for you in the dark 
You should know you're beautiful just the way you are
And you don't have to change a thing
The world could change its heart
No scars to your beautiful, we're stars and we're beautiful
Oh, oh, oh
Oh-oh, oh, oh
And you don't have to change a thing
The world could change its heart
No scars to your beautiful, we're stars and we're beautiful


Last Monday Motivation - Wake me up!

2 comments:

Lauren Stoolfire said...

She has such a great voice! Thanks for linking up!

Breana M. said...

Scars To Your Beautiful is one of my favorite Alessia Cara songs.