Monday 3 July 2017

Try

Happy Monday everyone. It's time. To run/walk/hit that treadmill/gym so hard today.

What's your excuse? I'm not in my usual geography today, but that's not going to stop me - I love trying new routes in new places - you would not believe the things I see running before everyone else wakes up. It's definitely the best way to get to know a new place.

""It's too cold? Pfft, there are always hats, gloves and even beanies and buffs. Besides, who needs all that when you get warm.

"I'm too unfit." Funny you should mention that one. Two days ago, I felt as if my heart was beating so fast I was going to burst right out of my chest and finish the route so it could go back to bed. Funny thing - I'm at a lower altitude than usual, so I would expect the opposite. But I just slowed down to a walk and kept at it. After about 2 km I could run again, and yesterday went even better.

So how about it today, friends? You with me?

Where there is desire
There is gonna be a flame
Where there is a flame
Someone's bound to get burned
But just because it burns
Doesn't mean you're gonna die
You've gotta get up and try, and try, and try
Gotta get up and try, and try, and try
You gotta get up and try, and try, and try

Yes, it's P!nk cheering us on today. I've nabbed "But just because it burns Doesn't mean you're gonna die" as my mantra today. But just because I have, doesn't mean you can't.


Have a good one.


SaveSave

No comments: