Saturday 19 March 2016

Ten of the Best #37

Hey there. I know this is later than usual. I apologise. I was going to skip completely (I've been quite ill), but then I thought of the wonderful clips and other articles I found, and I just can't. I'm not sure that we will make ten this week, but let's try, shall we?

Anyone else starting to enjoy James Corden? He is so versatile. In this clip, he has a riff-off with Anna Kendrick (she of Pitch Perfect fame). But the Filharmonics steal the show completely. It is worth a watch.


We have all had enough, here in SA. Every day brings a new revelation of past corrupt practices of our president, usually involving the Guptas. And if that's not bad enough - FIFA confirms that we bribed the World Cup out of them. Oh dear. This is a great summary of the State of our Nation. By Richard Poplak, in the Daily Maverick. Click the pic.


And the other great journalistic piece in my opinion - "The Heroes who said No" by Darrel Bristow-Bovey. Love the illustration.


Ok, here it is. This clip filled my soul. The gorgeous musicality and breathtaking lyrical arrangement of Stand by You performed by the Drakensberg Boys. It made my week better. Enjoy.


Now this is thoughtful. When you're used to privilege, equality feels like oppression. Makes so much sense. And written from an American perspective. Nicely done.


It's not often that things we enjoy are proved good for us. Except red wine. And coffee, it turns out. Here a Harvard professor explains why. You can read the article or watch the clip. 


Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children. This trailer is so beautiful. Roll on September. Well at least we all have time to read the book before then.



Can you believe we are on 8 already. Told you it was a good week. And this is the funniest clip on my FB profile. It's a blooper. From Friends. The one with the bagpipes. Enjoy.


Did you know Ankara has had three bombings in five months. Here, Liz Cookman asks where Ankara's Je suis moment is.


We end off with the reminder that, no matter what happens, always remember to stick with your story.


Happy weekend everyone. It's going to be a good one. 

Link to last week.





2 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely

Bev Bouwer said...

Thanks Gwen. This was one I really enjoyed compiling.