1 cup Bran
2 cups Wholewheat flour
1 cup white flour (preferably organic)
70g mixed seeds – pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds and chia seeds, poppy seeds - any combination
10g Dry yeast
1 tbsp organic sugar syrup/honey
1 tbsp Molasses, or double the honey
Pinch of Salt
600ml Tepid water (Just warmer than room temp - about a third hot, and two-thirds cool)
- Mix the water, yeast, molasses and honey together in a bowl/ small jug.
- Allow the yeast to begin fermentation (+/- 10-15 minutes)
- When the yeast is frothy it is ready to be added to the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix the rest of the dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl. Keep some seeds aside for the topping.
- When the yeast is ready add the wet ingredients slowly to the dry ingredients.
- Mix gently.The dough must look wet. (Similar to a fruit cake mix)
- Set aside and allow to stand until double in size. Cover with glad wrap and a warm damp cloth. The warmer the spot, the shorter this will take.
- Grease two bread tins (Spray and Cook - olive oil) and set aside.
- Knock down the dough gently and place into your bread tins. (The knocking down is automatic as you pour into tins)
- Garnish the bread with the remainder of the seeds.
- Set aside and allow it to rise until nearly double in size. Cover loosely with plastic (cut a large plastic freezer bag open) which you can spray with olive oil to prevent sticking.
- Remove plastic and place into preheated oven at 180 degrees for +/- 40 minutes.
You may also enjoy - home made rolls
See all recipes here